The next Wyoming All-State Marching Band will be assembled beginning in June of 2014. The Wyoming All-State Marching Band has a unique history in the state of Wyoming. The band has been assembled 11 times including:
- 1991 Tournament of Roses Parade
- 1994 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- 1998 St. Patrick’s Day Parade (Dublin, Ireland)
- 2000 Tournament of Roses Parade
- 2001 United States Presidential Inaugural Parade
- 2004 Tournament of Roses Parade
- 2005 United States Presidential Inaugural Parade
- 2006 Edinburgh Scotland – Cavalcade of Bands Parade
- 2008 Waikiki Holiday Parade
- 2011 Tournament of Roses Parade
- 2012 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- 2014 Hawaii Kai Holiday Parade
Our 12th time as a band will be the Hawaii Kai Holiday Parade on November 29, 2014. The trip will be planned around this parade. This will be an excellent opportunity for our Wyoming students to experience the Polynesian culture and march in a very cool parade. In addition to the parade we will also have the opportunity to perform at the USS Battleship Missouri.
Participation in this band provides students across the state the opportunity to meet new people and to have an outstanding marching band experience. The band has typically been around 250-300 students and has been as large as 540. We hope to be putting together a band of similar size.
The application process will be done through the band web site at http://www.wyoband.com. Students applying for the band must have the necessary forms and the down payment submitted by October 15, 2013. The application window is set from May 1, 2013 to October 15, 2013. Students will be notified by end October 2013 of their status. Students not selected to be a part of the band will have their deposit returned in full.
A tentative 2014 summer schedule will be as follows:
- June 28, 2014 Flags & Percussion report to Northwest College in Powell, WY
- June 29, 2014 Full Band Reports at 2:00 PM at NW College in Powell
- June 29-July 2, 2014 Camp in Powell, WY
- July 2-4, 2014 Parades in Cody WY
Other July Parades that the band will participate in are the Frontier Days Parade in Cheyenne, Red Desert Parade in Rock Springs and either the Casper Parade or the Sheridan Parade. These dates will be on the schedule in the fall of 2013.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from summer activities.
The trip to Hawaii will take place NOVEMBER 24– 29, 2014.
The band will depart from Denver.
The fee for the Wyoming All-State Marching Band will include the following:
- Powell camp room and board
- Full uniform
- Some meals at summer parade events
- Round trip air transportation, Denver to Honolulu
- Hotel accommodations in Waikiki
- North Shores Tour including Dole Pineapple Plantation
- Polynesian Cultural Center – Package
- Eastern Shores Circle Island Tour
- USS Arizona Memorial Tour
- Performance at USS Battleship Missouri
- Performance in the Hawaii Kai Holiday Parade
- Five Full American Breakfasts, Two Lunched, and Five Dinners:
Items not included are:
- Transportation (and some) meals at all summer events.
- Transportation to the regional departure locations for culminating trip.
- Some meals while in Hawaii
Total cost for this activity is $2,800.00. A payment schedule is posted on the web site as well as the refund policy. All payments will be made to Educational Discovery Tours and may be paid by check or credit card. The cost of the trip is still tentative at this time.
Applications for adult chaperones and guests that wish to accompany the band during the summer and also to Hawaii will be sent out with the student acceptance letters.
Pictures of previous bands, staff information, forms, and other information are available on the band’s web page: http://www.wyoband.comThe band is under the direction of the following Wyoming directors:
- Dan Holroyd -Executive Director – East High School – Cheyenne, WY
- Michelle Ottoes – Color Guard Instructor – Cheyenne, WY
- Aric Hageman – Percussion Instructor – Riverton High School – Riverton, WY
- Ron Wagner – Woodwind Instructor – Douglas High School – Douglas, WY
- Diane Knutson – Brass Instructor – Sheridan High School – Sheridan, WY
- Brent Rose – Marching Instructor – Centennial Junior High School – Casper
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me or any of our staff. We all hope to see you in the future as members of our next Wyoming All State Marching Band.Dan Holroyd Executive Director Wyoming All-State Marching Band firstname.lastname@example.org